they didn’t invite Rumple to their wedding?
let’s make a list of what Rumplestiltskin has done for them up to this point:
- made Charming’s twin a prince, saved Charming’s parents’ farm
- saved Charming’s mom’s farm again, made Charming a prince
- complimented Snow’s taste in sweet boats
- called Snow the ‘fairest in the land’
- commiserated with her about her broken heart (basically said ‘I know that feel bro’)
- thoughtfully made Snow White a forgetfulness potion
- provided crazy Snow with the means to kill Regina (bow and arrow)
- lectured Charming angrily about Charming causing Snow pain
- provided Charming with the means to stop Snow from killing Regina (map)
- complimented Charming on his warm cloak fashion sense
- condescended to sword fight with Charming because Charming seemed like he really wanted to have a sword fight and Rumple is agreeable like that
- talked about Belle to Charming
- entrusted Charming with a really important possession (the love potion)
- generously offered to share his campfire with Charming
- enchanted their engagement ring with a homing spell so they would stop fucking losing each other
- transformed Charming’s outfit
into Gaston’s so Charming could propose in style and not in grubbery swordfighting clothes
- basically shipped Snow/Charming more than anyone else ever has or ever will
- AND enchanted the Evil Queen so she literally couldn’t hurt them anymore
and still he doesn’t get an invitation
“enchanted their engagement ring with a homing spell so they would stop fucking losing each other”
Seriously, though, Rumple is basically the whole reason the Charmings’ happened at all. He’s practically done everything but shove Charming’s sword into Snow’s sheath. We know he’s manipulating them for his own means, but as far as they know, he’s just like their slightly creepy neighbor who totally ships them and helps them out (for a reasonable fee) whenever they need help (which is fucking always). And the whole Cinderella thing hadn’t happened yet, either, so it’s not like they’re pissed about that. And Snow was born a noble who was raised in a castle, she should know all about having to play nice with people you can’t stand for the sake of politics, or how it’s advisable to keep your shady frenemies close and not pissed off at you.
#have they never heard about how firstborns can be super cursed if villainous people aren’t invited to shit?
Exactly! And they should both be familiar enough with Rumple to know that if he wants to crash their wedding, he’s gonna crash their wedding, and he probablydefinitely wants to crash their wedding. So they should probably just invite him anyway. Sure they may have to put up with his Rumpleness all day, but better than than insult him AND have to put up with his Rumpleness. By not inviting him, they all but guaranteed he’s going to Rumple the shit out their day (and yes ‘to Rumple’ is now a verb).